On this blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Old Time Rock & Roll...

So you're in a grocery store, going up and down the aisles, eyeing the chicken stock (too much sugar!  Yowza!  Look at that salt!) tossing cereal boxes in your cart, scowling over the teas ('don't they have any black tea???')

The store's loudspeaker blares its usual announcements about specials in aisle 2, and how the holidays are coming so you'd best stock up.  Then they go back to the background music and you start listening...

That gritty voice - those words -

You start singing, and you can hear others of your age doing the same.

Call me a relic, call me what you will-
Say I'm old fashioned, say I'm over the hill!
That kind of music ain't got the same soul!
Give me that old time Rock and Roll!

Yeah!  Happens every time.

Here it is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsSVcRYh8dE

(Public service announcement - A to Z'ers: I have been terribly busy with various things for the past week and a half and haven't been able to visit anything or comment.  That will change after this weekend.  Please accept my apologies...)

3 comments:

  1. I still see Tom Cruise in sunglasses whenever I hear that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who sings outloud to themselves in public is all right by me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song! I might be guilty of singing in public but I'm convinced people are so busy doing their own thing, they don't even notice.

    Have fun with a-z. :)

    ReplyDelete