On this blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Celebrations, May 8, 2015, Fragrant Flowers and Two Books.



Welcome to the Celebrating the Small Things blog hop, started by VikLit and now run by Lexa Cain, our fearless new leader and her two wonderful co-hosts L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Katie @ TheCyborgMom.

I found my first post, written in February of 2013.  I remember I'd never been in a 'blog hop', and everyone would be certain to know what a newbie I was.  No doubt I'd post something stupid and annoy someone.

Not so.  This wonderful hop has made me smile, has let me enjoy the thoughts and insights of so many truly delightful people.  I can't imagine not being a part of it, and it is a mark of the kindly nature of the blogosphere in general and this group in particular, that my off-again on-again participation has been tolerated and even smiled at. 

Fragrant Viburnum
So...what am I celebrating?  The fragrant Viburnum bush outside my front window is in full bloom.  The breeze sifting down from this hilltop is rich with its scent.

I have a circle of antique irises, bought years ago from an old estate near the ocean, and they're coming back for the spring, as well.

Fresh sheets on the bed, a very nice book to finish reading, and then to review:  Afraid of Everything, by Karen Jones Gowen.  I bought it last year, began reading it, got busy with Christmas, family, other issues, and rediscovered it, to my delight, this past week.  It is an enjoyable story, profound and almost dreamlike.  It reminds me, a little, of The Five People You Will Meet In Heaven, though this story is a little more profound, to me.  The heroine had been afraid of everything, increasingly a captive of her own fear.  It is a story of liberation and of understanding, and Gowen writes beautifully.

It's available in various stores  Amazon's worldwide link is RIGHT HERE.

Killer Exposure
My final celebration is that I just learned that I won a copy of Lara Lacomb's book Killer Exposure.
Lara, who also blogs, often on this thread, writes an excellent romantic suspense story.  Her experience in science gives things a ring of truth, and those of us who enjoy her blog are familiar with her humor and skill.

Amazon's worldwide link for the kindle edition is right hereI won a paperback copy, another thing to celebrate.

I was not asked to write about these or link to these.  It's just nice to look forward to two good books.

What are you celebrating? 


12 comments:

  1. As if the breeze carrying the scent of flowers isn't enough to evoke new life - you've a couple of books to slide in those sheets with. What an environment! Who can contend?

    I loved, The Five People You Will Meet In Heaven. Afraid of Everything? We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful. And smelling it all around sounds amazing.

    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this particular plant. It even looks like it smells divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winning things is always nice! I remember winning something after forgetting I'd entered the giveaway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. New books and spring flowers -- what a treat. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice words on my book, Diana, so appreciated and I look forward to your review! Besides that, I'm glad I read your post because it reminds me of how much I love to celebrate the small things. Even though I'm not part of this particular blog hop, I love reading the posts that show up on it. Remembering to be grateful for every little joy throughout one's day is a source of great pleasure. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hop really is lovely isn't it? I often wish I had a bit more time for writing, but I can't give up the wonderful people on this hop. Yay for spring flowers, fresh sheets, and a good book to read! I don't even have to wish you a good weekend 'cause I know you'll be having one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention--I appreciate it! :) Congrats on your flowers--they are beautiful! I need to spend some time in my garden--things are starting to look neglected. I just need the rain to stop first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look like good ones! I didn't know about Karen's book, so thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful flowers..
    you have wonderful blog,
    i followed your blog, please follow back. thank you
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/ #havealovelyweek

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved The Five People You Will Meet In Heaven! I'll have to check out Karen's work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SPRING! I am so celebrating spring. It's making me happy every single day :)

    ReplyDelete