On this blog

Friday, January 31, 2014

Celebrations, January 31, 2014



It is Friday again, and a time to stop and take stock of the small things we celebrate, often unknowingly.  Thanks to VikLit, who had the idea for this wonderful bl0g hop, we can remind ourselves of the beautiful things in life that make our days just that much more lovely.  You're welcome to join - head on over to her blog!

Details are at the end of this post.

I have a brief, small blessing to celebrate today.  My car broke down on an interstate highway.  The blessings, as they occur to me were: 

1.        I was in the right lane right by a nice, wide shoulder.  If you knew the area, you would agree that this is indeed a blessing.

2.       I had my cell phone and could call the emergency number

3.       I was not hit by any of the people whizzing past at 75 mph.  The situation is extremely dangerous.

4.       The Connecticut State Police arrived quickly (I now know how the Damsel in Distress feels when the Knight in Shining Armor steps between her and the dragon)


5.       The State Trooper was one handsome man!  I’d call that icing on the cake, myself.

6.       I had enough money to pay for the tow truck
 

I don’t know what the damages will be.  I hope not too high.  I’ll worry about that when I find out.

 

Now that I look at what I have written, I don’t think the blessing(s) were small at all.

(And I am remembering that today is a Friday!  I hope you all have wonderful weekends.)





7 comments:

  1. Great things to celebrate, really. When my car broke down on the highway, almost none of those things applied to me. Except for not being hit by any passing cars—which was likely the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew -you were dam lucky, Diana! I like to celebrate the knight in shining armor, and a handsome one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you were very lucky! Glad it all worked out, and yay for a handsome State Trooper to make things better :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh you had a lucky escape and not a small celebration at all, sounds big to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were safe! Sorry about your car though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy you stayed safe and it all worked out so well. No, those are not small celebrations at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know that help arrived sooner than expected when your car broke down and that special “factor” about the officer that was able to brighten your day. Anyway, how's your car now? Make sure to have it checked for parts that may need replacement.

    Olga Edwards

    ReplyDelete