On this blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Small Celebrations, October 18, 2013

It is Friday again, and a time to stop and take stock of the small things we celebrate, often unknowingly.  Thanks to VikLit, who had the idea for this delicious bl0g hop, we can remind ourselves of the beautiful things in life that make our days just that much more lovely.

I enjoy pausing to remember, and I love reading of the things that touch others.  You would, too - why not sign up?  Details are at the end of this post.

Today, I'm celebrating the fact that I have enjoyed one of the great sensual pleasures of life: lavender.














Some day I will visit Provence.  I had a calendar of photographs taken there, with one that touched me especially.  It depicted lavender fields.

Today, since I could not stroll, myself, through those intoxicatingly scented fields, I indulged in a lavender-scented shower courtesy of the British soap and toiletries-maker, Asquith & Somerset:

Warm-to-hot water cascading off my shoulders, a scrub brush loaded with this deliciously-scented soap in a pretty bottle - just wonderful! 

...if I raise my wrist to my nose, I can catch the faint, lovely scent.

And now I am ready to start the day!  (Which, incidentally, is a Friday!)





9 comments:

  1. Lavender is one of the most soothing scents. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a beautiful picture of the lavender field... and now I can so smell that delicious scent too, sigh...

    Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what an AMAZING picture. Now I am imagining lavender ahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lavender, Diana. Have you ever read the book A Year in Provence? It's very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana .. I saw they have lavender fields and centres in Norfolk when I was up there this year - and must definitely go and pay a visit next year ...

    Love looking at all the photos of the lavender fields ... while it always seems strange to remember there were lavender fields in south-west London, before it was urbanised ... in the 1500s ...

    Lovely small celebrations post .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm lavender.... I love that picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lavender is my favourite smell. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love taking a nice hot shower or bath with a favorite bath gel--one of life's true pleasures! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lavender fields... can you imagine? Happy sigh!

    ReplyDelete