On this blog

Friday, November 27, 2015

Celebrating - November 27, 2015

This is the Celebrating the Small Things blog hop, run by Lexa Cain and her two wonderful co-hosts L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge and Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits.


Thanksgiving was yesterday.  I spent it with my mother, enjoyed a nice meal at the 'clubhouse' (it's at a senior living condo community) and last night watched a whole lot of cooking shows including 'Chopped'.

('Chopped' involves giving people a basketful of impossible ingredients - stale cheese biscuits, raspberry jam, wild boar meat, homemade pickles and leftover tomato soup - and telling them to make an entree or an appetizer or whatever in 30 minutes)

Around 10PM I put together ham and cheese sandwiches and we watched TV.  It was a very enjoyable evening.

So I'm celebrating:

A day where we actually sit down and look at what we have to be thankful for.
Television (I don't watch it at home, but it's fun with Mom)
Getting some editing done on my WIP, which is coming out in April, God willing.
A beautiful moon last night
Panettone in the toaster this morning.
Thrift-shopping later today (lots of fun, actually!)

And...What are you celebrating?  

6 comments:

  1. Today, I'm celebrating a quiet morning with a puppy asleep in my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know many better ways to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fascinating show. I gave up custody of the TV remote years ago, but I may have to negotiate visitation. Glad you and your mother had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diana - so pleased you had a happy time with your mother ... these are lovely memories to have. Good luck with the WIP and then thrift shopping later on ...

    I celebrate life and being able to do what I do ... and share with others ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Thanksgiving sounds so homey and enjoyable - and I love that they call the dining hall the "clubhouse"! (I'm going to write a novella about a senior community and I'm definitely using that name!) Your list of things to be thankful for is great. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it wonderful to take stock? I'm grateful for the festive season. By this time of year, we're all tired, and I love the way this time of year brings the energy back up. :-)

    ReplyDelete