On this blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

The Bloghead Bone Hop... Err... That is...

 
 
 
THE BONEHEAD BLOG HOP!
 
Welcome to the third Bonehead Blog Hop!  This is the (very) original idea of Cherdo, who makes you laugh and then think, and once you click away, think  She sure is NOT a bonehead!
 
(Official disclaimer: we're laughing at ourselves: why don't you join us?)
 
Your hosts are Cherdo, of Cherdo on the Flipside.
And me (Diana Wilder)

Our motto: 
"Confession is good for the soul...it may not 
be your soul, but trust me - it's good for someone's soul."
 

So...  What boneheaded thing should I confess to this time?

(The easier question is 'what boneheaded thing should I not confess to?' )


I BEG your pardon!
Telling the grandmother of a friend, who was proudly showing me the granny square afghan that she had made for my friend, in cathedral window colors, which, she said, 'I want her to have something to remember me for!' and responding with a gracious smile, "Oh, you won't be hard to forget!"  and wondering why the smile had faded from the sweet lady's face.
 
There was a time, a while back, when I did some part time work for Bloomingdale's department store.  It was Christmas season, and I needed the money for gifts.  I was young(er), healthy, and a little oblivious.  To get into and leave Bloomies, we had to go in through a steel door on the side of the building (it involved climbing up a flight of outside metal steps) and flashing our badge as we went in.  We left the same way.

We were told, by the way, that we had to park at the very edge of the supermall parking lot.  I told them that I would do nothing of the kind, since I didn't want to get mugged leaving at 11:30 PM on a holiday season night.

Eating what?
At any rate, I happened to notice bags of rolls and pastries when I was leaving each night, and I thought, "Oh, how generous!"  and helped myself to one every time as I left.  The security staff gave me 'the hairy eyeball', but no one said nothing until one day, a week and a half in, a coworker (in her case 'cow orker') said, "Why are you eating that?"

"They're left-overs for the staff," I said.  At her expression I said, "...aren't they?"

"No, they're not!  They're to be taken to homeless shelters!  You could be arrested!"

Mouth-palm.  Worse than face-palm.

Well, we live and learn.  Dad might have laughed.  Or not.  He might, actually, have asked where his sweet roll was.

*sigh*


Go visit the hop!









10 comments:

  1. How embarrassing! BTW - love the Queen shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perhaps the first time I've seen a shot where she looks annoyed. The lady I referred to was a queenly sort, as well. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Hi Diana ... wonderful story - and no doubt very true. What a terrible shot of the Queen - mind you there must be occasions when she looks like that ... bet there was a laugh afterwards ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the first shot I've seen of Her Majesty that looked truly bad. I find myself wondering what did transpire afterwards. Anyone who can manage riding sidesaddle while in uniform has aplomb far beyond anything I have.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the compliment!

    I love this bonehead confession! It sounds perfectly logical and I can viscerally feel your embarrassment. I'd feel the same!!

    You're the best co-bonehead every, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shucks (scuffing toe in dirt). I should have spit out the mouthful at the speaker. Go smile at Gonzo and give yourself and DH a treat.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi, Deborah - I suspect they, themselves, had been indulging and, like all guilty minds, probably feared that I would denounce them. ...or it sounds nice to say it that way...

      Delete
  5. Ha ha! Hilarious. It's good to know I'm not alone. I've been a total bonehead on so many occasions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvette. I think good intentions are mandatory. They make it all the more amusing.

      Delete