On this blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrations, July 4, 2014






Welcome to Friday  and VikLit 's blog hop.  We're celebrating the small things that make our lives richer.

The information on the hop is below.  Why don't you join?  Or, at least, visit the various posts and smile.

It's a good place to go if you need a smile, a chuckle or a 'hmmm...'

It has been a miserable, wretched really, really lousy week.  It started out well.  I came bouncing into my place of employment, glad to see everyone, and things went south from there.  Grumpy people, people in downright nasty moods, snarking, snarling, finger-pointing.  And I spun my wheels for three days.  Used up quite a lot of tissues, too

Judith Viorst wrote a book about such a time:



I am, however, off today and tomorrow, and I did not need to deal with degenerative snarkosis.  Nor did I have to look at their faces and bite my tongue.  I go into the office tomorrow to get some work done.  (Yes, it's a holiday, but I'm going to be alone.)

So I am, fighting the mood and sipping some red wine from Burgundy: Moulin A Vent ('Windmill' in French, named for the windmill that is visible from the vineyards).

It does appear to be helping.


Have a great weekend, everyone!







11 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your terrible week and glad that you get a break to recoup. Hope that the empty office yields huge progress! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it has been a nasty, horrible week (same here in Connecticut where I'm visiting), you should not have had to deal with anyone's snarkiness. :/

    I'm glad you at least are getting a few days off and will be able to get a few hours of work in without being bothered by anyone with a bad attitude. Good to know that a nice glass of wine did the trick; for me it would be a nice tropical drink of some sort. :) As always, thanks for co-hosting. It is always appreciated. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE when the office mood infects everyone. Normally my office is really upbeat and a great place to be -- but there are days when one person is off and everyone else ends up, as that book puts it so well, A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
    Enjoy the day to get things done! I often actually like when I can get away with having no plans on holiday days and get my own stuff done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Alexander books. And I read a grown-up Judith Viorst book that was very funny too. Don't let the snarkwads get you down, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing. I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible week. (Although that book sounds completely adorable!) I hope things look up for you soon. Keep the wine handy and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you had a dreadful week, Diana. We've all had them and there's not a lot that makes you feel better. I hope the new week is much better and people are lots more friendly. I know it can ruin everything when people are so nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely hope the rest of your weekend brightens up for you. And - as Lexa said - keep that wine handy for a nice relaxing hour. Above all, banish those 'snarks' from your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Independence Day, Diana. And don't let the haters get you down. One time when I was really struggling, I went into a café and a woman took one look at me and said, 'just say Aha, and move on'. I've always remembered that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you had a dreadful week! My week has been so full of ups and downs I'm not sure how to feel about it. Sipping wine sounds like a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had a rough week. I hope you have a nice, restful weekend, and that your coworkers aren't so grumpy come Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Diana.
    I just saw that your MOURNINGTIDE is among the Semi-Finalists for the 2014 Kindle Book Review Award! So, we both have something to look forward to in September - and to celebrate now.

    ReplyDelete