On this blog

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Preliminaries for April...


Thinking...
I saw the A to Z blogfest and, in a moment of recklessness - the kind that leads to commitments that we end up regretting in direct proportion of their grandiosity - signed up.  The regret lasted for a week or two.  What on earth was I going to write about?  Just random posts?  What do I do with 'Q'?  And then it hit me as I was singing along to one of my very favorite songs - which I am making the first in this blog series. 

Songs somehow seem to define me or explain me.  I come from a musical family, and it is to my everlasting regret that my college - the University of North Carolina - rejected my offer to play the kazoo in their orchestra.  

So, we are going to talk about 'those songs'.  The ones you really, really love, that you find yourself singing over and over, humming.  They might not seem to have a lot in common, but there is something that ties them together.  What is it?  Well, maybe we will find out.
 
See you tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your posts! Music is a great theme for the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll enjoy it - AND reading everyone else's posts!

    ReplyDelete