On this blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Celebrations, July 11 - Inspiration, however late, is a good thing...






Welcome to Friday  and VikLit 's blog hop.  We're celebrating the small things that make our lives richer.

You'll hear from parents, athletes, thinkers (most of them are!), doers, dreamers, movers and shakers, shakers, poets, people who write, people who crochet, people who do all sorts of things that make you feel somewhat inadequate, but it's all in your own head.  People who read books, write and review books.  People from all over the place (and this is the odd thing: you can be following a blog for literally years and suddenly realize that the blogger is from the other side of the world, and you never suspected it).

In this hop, they're all smiling.

The information on the hop is below.  Why don't you join us?  Or, at least, visit the various posts and smile.

Today I am celebrating last night's burst of inspiration.  Well, I'm not sure it's a burst, exactly.  Rather more like saying "What was WRONG with me?  It will work better this way!"

I'm speaking of my covers for The Memphis Cycle.  Something wasn't quite satisfactory.  And I figured out what it was, and changed it.

 
See if you can tell the difference:




...And that is what I am celebrating today!  (Took me long enough!)

What are you celebrating?


Have a great weekend, everyone!






10 comments:

  1. You did a fade out on the edges. Or am I seeing softer rounded corners? They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those moments are wonderful! Even if they do come later than you'd like =P

    Congrats on being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful covers, Diana! Congrats on pinpointing the issue and making that gorgeous art pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bursts of inspiration are wonderful! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what the differences are however I can say that your covers look awesome! Did you do them yourself?
    And also, a big congratulations on the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana .. I think you've brought out the titles better - so they're easier to read .. but so clever as you've done them yourself .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana, I love the covers. It looks like you softened the edges a bit with a black border. I like...very much. As usual, thanks so much for being such a wonderful co-host. We all appreciate it so much. Eva

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've softened the edges - it makes the pictures look even more mysterious and alluring. Great to get your message over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you figured out what was bugging you! I hate when that happens...usually I have to walk away from whatever it is and come back to it later...then I get my eureka! moment :) Have a great week!
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete