It is Friday again, and a time to stop and take stock of the small things we celebrate, often unknowingly. Thanks to VikLit, who had the idea for this wonderful bl0g hop, we can remind ourselves of the beautiful things in life that make our days just that much more lovely. You're welcome to join - head on over to her blog!
Details are at the end of this post.
I have a brief, small blessing to celebrate today. My car broke down on an interstate highway. The blessings, as they occur to me were:
1. I was in the right lane right by a nice, wide shoulder. If you knew the area, you would agree that this is indeed a blessing.
2. I had my cell phone and could call the emergency number
3. I was not hit by any of the people whizzing past at 75 mph. The situation is extremely dangerous.
4. The Connecticut State Police arrived quickly (I now know how the Damsel in Distress feels when the Knight in Shining Armor steps between her and the dragon)
5. The State Trooper was one handsome man! I’d call that icing on the cake, myself.
6. I had enough money to pay for the tow truck
I don’t know what the damages will be. I hope not too high. I’ll worry about that when I find out.
Now that I look at what I have written, I don’t think the blessing(s) were small at all.